Long story short? A drug called Lupron.
But short stories are never fun, and I like to tal.. er type, so here's the story, in a nut shell:
I was diagnosed in 2005 with Endometriosis. Don't know what is it? Google is your friend. It's a bitch of a disease. I've had three surgeries (and numerous procedures, including an HSG), my uterus lifted and the top of my rectum removed. TMI? Welcome to my life.
Really, though - being a 25 year old bride in medically induced menopause has it's perks. I can be snarky (sometimes) without repercussion, and generally speaking, I can get my fiance to do anything by saying, "but... Babe... I have cramps." My life revolves around what I can do without being in pain, what I can't do becuase it causes pain and the never-endng fear that I'll lose my uterus and left ovary by the time I'm 27.
So here's my blog. I'll post everything wedding and a good deal of Endo stuff here. I follow a strict diet and I'm always coming up with recipes that are low in fat and gluten free! From time to time I'm sure I will share those. Though, for the most part, I'll just talk about how I'll be the hottest bride to hit Fox Hollow's dance floor... like ever.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment