Monday, January 18, 2010

A book a day keeps the stupid away

I used to be a reader. I also used to be a writer. The summer I turned 13 I read 12 books. 12 books in two months. My reading comprehesion skills usually far out-weighed those of other kids in my class. Though, my math skills were farrrrrrr from outstanding. :x Regardless, I loved words. The ability to sit down with a book and totally lose myself. The sad part? I haven't read a book in months. Not since my birthday last May when I read A Thousand Splendid Suns in five hours. In an attempt to start reading again, I've put togethet a list of books. A book a day used to be the norm for me, but since planning the wedding and everything else that's going in my life, I've set back to a book a month.

My list of reads in no particular order:

Three Cups of Tea
Greg Mortenson
David Oliver Relin

The Man You'll May
Debbie Macomber

Push
Sapphire

Time Travelers Wife
Audrey Niffenegger

The Kite Runner
Khaled Hosseini

The Wednesday Sisters

Committed
Elizabeth Gilbery

Have a Little Faith
Mitch Albom

Also - I'm going to FINALLY read Jodi Picoult! I think I may start with Committed? Although ... I already have the Time Travelers Wife and The Wednesday Sisters on my book shelf :) Tonight beings the reading!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. this makes me want to read. i used to be the same way, reading all summer, every summer. i need to pick up a book.

    ReplyDelete